Workforce Development Facilities
Virginia Community College System
Southside Virginia Community College has three main campuses located in nearby Brunswick and Charlotte counties, as well as two satellite facilities in Mecklenburg County (and three others). These facilities offer vocational and technical training, customized industrial training, and Associate degrees in a wide variety of programs.
- Christanna Campus (Alberta, Brunswick Co. 434-949-1000)
- John H. Daniel Campus (Keysville, Charlotte Co. 434-736-2000)
- Southside Virginia Education Center (Emporia, Greensville Co. 434-634-9358).
Lake Country Advanced Knowledge Center
South Hill, Virginia, 434-955-2252
- Specialized training designed to address the needs of existing industry sectors such as textiles, woodworking, and plastics
- Manufacturing training center that provides instruction in MIG welding, tool & die, metal fabrication, machining, millwright training, pipe fitter training, electrical, etc.
- Career planning, workshops, and seminars for business, industry, and professionals
- Affordable degree and non-degree programs and workforce training opportunities
- Information systems planning
- High Performance Technology program offers instruction and training in areas including automation and material handling, design, electricity, electronics, quality, manufacturing systems, mechanical processes, and HVAC
- Distance Education
- University Parallel curriculum
- Teacher Re-certification classes
Estes Community Center
Chase City, Virginia, 434-372-0194
- Specialized training in the medical field
- Beginning and advanced computer classes
- Offers classes for children each summer, including Sign Language & Reading, Computers, Music, Spanish, Exercise Classes, and Nature & Safety After-school program provides assistance with study and homework for children in grades 2 through 5
Southside Virginia Community College also offers Workforce Development Training at the Lake Country Enrichment Complex.
Clarksville, Virginia, 434-374-5252